Monday, August 20, 2012

The Green Room

Hello friends! Hope you're doing wonderful on this fine Monday, not doing too shabby on this end :) I have something fun to share with you all today! No its not a treasure, nor an outfit or an amazing wedding; it is a DIY project I have been wanting to do, and I finally did it :) 

Zach and I moved into a cute little vintage home a couple weeks ago (just a rental) and we couldn't be more happy in it! It is SO much better than the apartment we were in, and SO much more homey! I just love it. I also love it because the second bedroom is too small to be a bedroom, but the washer and dryer is in the room...so what better not than to make it my own personal closet. Technically a "walk in closet"..but more of a walk in closet ROOM. That's right, a whole room dedicated to my apparel and accessories. What girl DOESN'T love a big closet? :) 

I decided to paint this room, with something bright and fun. Something that fits my personality, and something fresh to go with the times ;) I chose a fabulous shade of green called 'Monet's Garden' and decided to do the infamous "chevron" accent wall. It turned out AMAZING. Definitely better than I thought it would be, considering I didn't use a ruler, nor a leveler :) 

The chevron wall was a bit of a P.I.A., however it was well worth it! I'm going to share the photos with you and I sure do hope this gives you inspiration. Inspiration that it CAN be done, and you don't HAVE to measure (unless you have OCD, then definitely measure). 

Here's the final product: 

And here's how it began, the taping was the PIA :) 

Hubby helping :) 

all you need is ONE... one wall :) 
And here is the end result :)

That standing mirror, used to be a wall mirror :) 


My lovely jewelry displays :)

Hope you enjoyed the green room! I was inspired by other's blogs to do this, I just happened to do it a little bit different than everyone else (ya know, by not measuring LOL) Hehe, can't wait for more painting...believe it or not I actually enjoyed it! The end result makes me smile..a lot :)

Tomorrow will be a lovely treasure, now that I  have a huge closet to help me choose a great one (I haven't been thriting in a while, so tomorrows outfit won't be a new purchase, but it will still be  from a thrifted store: but of course) !

Happy Monday! :) 

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love those Chevron walls, even though it looks like it probably took forever. So neat that you basically get a whole dressing room to yourself - just like a celebrity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is awesome! You did a fantastic job and your little place has even more character now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the support ! :) Peace and Love! :)